Climate protection projects
Forest Conservation Project in Brazil
The main activity is to stop the planned deforestation and to preserve the jungle in its diversity. The project protects an area of almost 180,000 hectares.
Efficient Cook Stoves, Kenya, Africa
Aberdares Improved Cook Stoves
This project distributes around 23,000 efficient cooking stoves to households in Central Kenya which are fired with wood. The overuse of wood is a problem.
Hydroelectric Project, Honduras
a small run-of-river hydroelectric generating plant in the Republic of Honduras. The aim of the project is to expand renewable energy in Honduras and meet the country's growing local and national electricity needs.
Wind Power Project Guanyin, Taiwan
InfraVest Guanyin Wind Farm Project
The wind farm will be built and operated by InfraVest Power Group, a subsidiary of the German VWind AG.
Climate sticker World Vision Switzerland
50% goes to World Vision CH
On each Climatepilot Sticker World Vision Switzerland, we donate half of it to a bicycle project in Zimbabwe.
In the selection of climate protection projects, we are guided by the following principles, a climate protection projects must:
- certified benefit for the environment
- offers a social benefit for the population
- offers a real sustainable benefit
- Biomass/biofuel projects:
We only support projects that use forestry waste (e.g. fruit, peelings, sawdust). We do not support projects that use food as biomass.
- carbon-connect does not support any industrial gas projects that emit ozone-depleting substances.
- To avoid relocating the local population, we do not support large-scale hydropower projects.
- Due to the problem of deforestation, we choose not to support projects from the palm oil industry.